Tuesday, May 02, 2006


Ready! Steady! Go!

My working day begins at 2pm. While most of Los Angeles is whiling away the morning on the 405, I am firmly encased in layers of sleep, bed sheets, and cats. While I am endlessly pleased that the only reason I need touch my alarm clock each week is to dust it, this arrangement does pose one problem. How do I avoid sleeping my life away? What could possibly motivate me to heave my body out of bed each morning? A steaming cup of coffee, a glass of juice, and The Seattle Pancake. It's cheerful lemony goodness will make you smile. (Or at least get out of bed!)


The Seattle Pancake

4Tblsp. butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
2 pinches of nutmeg
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 Lemon

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt the butter in a 12 inch oven proof skillet. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, milk eggs and nutmeg. Beat lightly, leaving the batter a little lumpy. When the butter is very hot pour in the batter. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the pancake is a lovely golden brown. Sprinkle on the sugar and return the pancake briefly to the oven. Serve hot with lemon wedges for a super morning!





4 comments:

mikeD said...

I had no idea you had a blog!! No I can eat something besides eggos and nachos!! YAY!! ...hold on a second....eggos.....nachos.......eggos......nachos.......do I dare?

eviedee said...

Yasodic, be sure and invite me over when you whip up your first batch of Egachos!

Anonymous said...

this is a repeat! so this is what happens when you don't feel well - slack off huh? okay well here's a recipe of my own:
melt butter in heavy cream.
add cheese and melt, adding more butter if necessary.
serve on a cheese quesadilla.
top with sour cream.

Oretta Davenport
Wisconsin

sweet little sister said...

Dear Evie,
I made your Seattle Pancake recipe again, by popular demand! Thankfully, happily, Donovan ate it up and LOVED it. The Wilkinson girla are equally pleased :) It did take me a good chunk of time to unearth the recipe because I could not find it in your recipe list. It's me, not you. I'm glad I perused though... so many darling DARLING photos of you. I think you should consider growing your hair the way you wore it in the Christmas tree (or was it made for you to wear??)skirt post! You are GORGEOUS! Thanks again for a yummy breakfast :) so nice to please the masses