Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Migas in the Morning

Looking for a breakfast to make you wake up and shout "Ole!"? Well then my friend you should try....Migas! Cut a corn tortilla into strips. Saute strips in butter until they reach desired texture. Some people like them just warmed, I like mine cooked until the strips are lightly browned and crunchy. In the meantime, whisk a few eggs with salt, pepper and a dash of hot sauce. Make sure that your pan is not too hot, then pour eggs over the tortilla strips. When eggs are nearly finished cooking top with cheese. Cook until the eggs are set and the cheese has melted. Serve with sour cream and fresh pico de gallo.
I don't really care for the flavor of plain eggs. The earthy crunch of the corn tortillas and the bright tomato flavor of the pico de gallo transform the unappetizing egg into something to crow about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This recipe was so good! And easy! And for the first time ever, I actually had all of the ingredients already on hand. I think this is going to become one of my new favorite 'whip it up quick' snacks.