Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Queen of Greens


Around my home creamed spinach is the queen of greens. Even when served alongside meat and potatoes the menfolk ask first for seconds of this lovely leaf. Here is my never-fail-fall-over-easy creamed spinach recipe.


Creamed Spinach


In a nonstick pan melt 2 Tablespoons of butter. Add 1/4 cup frozen, chopped, white onions and simmer over low heat for about a minute. Add 1 bag of prewashed fresh baby spinach. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the spinach is nice and wilty. Add a splash of cream, salt, pepper*, and a bit of grated nutmeg. Enjoy!


*It probably seems wrong to add salt and pepper and the end of the dish. However, every time that I add salt and pepper to the pan before the spinach has performed it's magical shrinking act I am SO SO sorry because I always add wayyy too much.


No comments: