Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ate

My husband and I met in the 7th grade. He was the son of a weatherman who knew how to keep his cool. (His legs cool, in hot pink shorty shorts!) I was the quiet girl with the bad perm who was always dishing out the desserts. What I couldn't say with words I said with marshmallow squares, it was love at first bite.
Hubby and I celebrated our EIGHTH wedding anniversary this weekend. (Can you believe it?!) No, we haven't been dating since the seventh grade but we were high school sweethearts. We separated at the end of senior year. We each experienced our share of heartthrobs and heartaches over the next few years and it was so great for us, in the long run, to have that time apart. Now, I can't imagine my life without him. My husband is the funniest man in the universe. Not only can he make me laugh in any situation, he offers me constant creative encouragement. He even forgives me when I accidentally call him "kitty" (Kitty, Sweetie, you can see how I would make the mistake, right? right?) And, this weekend, when my suggestion for the perfect Saturday morning breakfast to celebrate our wedded bliss was "Chick-fil-A" he was happy to make the drive. Happy Anniversary Sweetheart, I love you more than food itself!

4 comments:

Jennifer W. said...

Happy Anniversary, you two lovebirds!

stormy said...

Who would have dreamed that the boy with the 'unusual' hair color would be such a perfect match for our Evie.

Anonymous said...

Hi Evie. That was really cute. About you and your husbands recent anniversary. Hope you are doing well in your new job etc. I was thinking about you today. All is good and well here at Sheppard Mullin though not the same without you. Anyway, take care and be good. Warmest regards, Rich. P.S. Oh, go to YouTube and search for "The Story of the Sun and the Moon" (without the quotes of course)

Bliss Liss said...

Hey Evie CONGRATS!!! You and your Hubby are by far the cutest couple I've come across in a long time, even though I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him but he looks like he is fun. We all miss you lots here at Sheppard Mullin. Hope all is well God Bless you always. Lisset Mondragon (in case you forgot)