Monday, January 19, 2009

Well, it has been a while!

When I was working a 9-5 with ample free time, it was easy to keep up with you. I hated my job so blogging was a way to keep me thinking about my life at home. Now that I am home nearly 24/7, I am having trouble finding the motivation to reach out to the real world. That is a shame because sharing and reading what my fellow bloggers had to say used to be the most enjoyable part of my working day. I am going to say right here and now, (because I think that it will keep me honest) that I will blog more often starting TODAY. So enough of regrets and promises, on to the food!

This dressing is really a bastardized version of an Ina Garten recipe. If you are familiar with the Barefoot Contessa then you know that her foods are so wonderful because they are so full of fat. Since I have also resolved to eat better until I lose that extra ass I gained over the holidays I could not possibly make the recipe as written. I am a fan of thin dressings so I found my lightened up version to be just right. 

Thin Blue Cheese Dressing
4 ounces danish blue cheese, crumbled
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup nonfat milk
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Place all ingredients in the blender and blend  until smooth. Use to thinly coat your salad, because even with the nonfat milk there is still lots of fat in there!



1 comment:

Very Mary said...

If you don't blog more often, I will send toilet paper to you so that you can toilet paper your house on my behalf. The end.