Friday, July 14, 2006

That's Incredible!


During the summertime there is one thing that I require of any recipe, SIMPLICITY. While an easy dish is my best friend any time of year, during the scorching summer months simplicity is essential. I knew that this recipe would become a permanent part of my repertoire the day I first prepared it for a friend. When he exclaimed "you've GOT to be kidding me!" I knew that Incredible Corn Salad would be forever mine.






Incredible Corn Salad
1 Bag of roasted corn from Trader Joes, thawed
1/2 red bell pepper(or red onion), diced
2 TBLSP. olive oil
3 TBLSP. cider vinegar
2 tsp. sugar
salt and pepper
basil leaves, sliced

In a pretty bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Add the corn and bell pepper, mix well. Just before serving top with basil leaves. Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: Please do not attempt to prepare this salad using just any frozen corn. The wonderful smoky flavor of Trader Joes roasted corn is essential to the success of this recipe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why must you toy with my heart with such a tasty recipe - Boston T.Js do not stock the coveted roasted corn. You may see me from this day on picketing outside the Boylston St. location until this situation is rectified.

eviedee said...

Anonymous, that is pure tragedy! If I only knew who you were I would volunteer to make the salad for you. I would serve you many martinis then let you sleep on my couch.