Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's the Berries!

When strawberries are at their peak of perfection here in Southern California, there is only one recipe you need. Rinse and serve.
Now that these berries are tasting as drab as the weather they need a little culinary assistance.
I've always wanted to have my own food show. (Who doesn't!-I mean those of you interested in food enough to read this blog!) So, my show, the one in my imagination, will be called "Booze it Up!" which is a culinary secret that I have relied upon for YEARS! If food that I am making needs a little "something" to jazz it up I will usually add booze. (Serving alcohol to your guests before dinner is another, more direct way to improve your results!)
So friends, what ever shall I do to improve the flavor of these boring berries? (all together now)
BOOZE IT UP EVIE!
Who am I to deny my audience?


Booztacular Berries
1 pint sliced strawberries
Few tablespoons booze (Cointreau or Amaretto are both lovely options)
Sugar to taste

Mix everything together and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Top with

1 pint whipping cream
4 oz mascarpone cheese
4 Tblsps sugar
Whipped until soft peaks form

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the booze!

Anonymous said...

You seriously need to enter one of those contests they have on the Food Network to find their next new host... when you win I want tickets to the first taping!

Hud said...

Colbertocrat? Hell, I'm an Evie-crat. A Hot Dish-ican. Had some berries out here in Dallas today. So best. Only $12 from room service!

eviedee said...

-Anonymous I surely will!
-nemo434 Very kind of you to say! :)
-hud I hope those room service berries contained at least $10 worth of booze!